About the Role
• Direct and coordinate worker activities, such as planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting, grading, and restoration.
• Determine how to raise crops by evaluating factors such as disease, soil conditions, and the availability of federal programs
• Coordinate growing activities with those of engineering, equipment maintenance, and other related departments.
• Analyze market conditions to determine acreage allocations.
• Record information, such as production, farm management practices, and parent stock, and prepares financial and operational reports.
• Determine procedural changes in drying, grading, storage, and transportation for greater efficiency and accuracy.
• Analyze soil to determine type and quantity of fertilizer required for maximum production.
• Inspect equipment to ensure proper functioning and ensures proper maintenance.
• Inspect fields to determine maturity dates of crops or to estimate potential crop damage from weather.
• Plan and direct development and production of hybrid plant varieties with high yield or disease and insect resistant characteristics.
• Adapt their duties to the seasons, weather conditions, or a crop’s growing cycle
• Purchase machinery, equipment, and supplies, such as tools, seed, fertilizer, and chemicals.
• Comply to farms standards and policies for e.g. health, safety, product quality, property and asset management and environment.
• Evaluate financial statements and makes budget proposals.
Degree in Agriculture or related field such as agricultural engineering, crop management, farm business management, horticulture, land/estate management.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Farming-related field
a knowledge of food production and an awareness of customer demand, food standards and sustainability
genuine commitment to farming
good technical knowledge
a good understanding of modern farming methods
an understanding of the ways in which farming impacts the environment.
organisational and time-management skills
the ability to work under pressure
supervisory skills and management ability
willingness to be outside in all weathers and patience to undertake all sorts of practical, sometimes repetitive jobs
self-motivation, with the ability to motivate others
larger-scale business awareness
About the Company
Sochi Foods is a company that is dedicated to creating a workplace where all persons will feel welcome, respected, and valued. We have diversity as a key policy in the Company and promote equal opportunity for all. By this Sochi Foods is able to attract and retain a talented and diverse workforce, and contribute to a more just and equitable society.
We also offer equal pay for equal work providing opportunities for career advancement and professional development to all employees.
This is a Team place, where all work together for common goals and achievements. We welcome and encourage the best skilled persons to join us today.