About the Role
• Developing better planting, cultivation, and harvesting techniques, improving crop yield, and solving problems.
• Researching and promoting agricultural strategies to counter the effects of changes in soil, climate, weather, and pest damage.
• Visiting fields to collect seed, plant, and soil samples.
• Testing samples for nutritional deficiencies, diseases, or other changes.
• Assisting with the plant sourcing, testing, and selection.
• Keeping detailed records regarding fields, crops, and samples.
• Generating reports and presenting findings to management, clients, or other interested parties.
• Conducting training on products and techniques through educational presentations.
• Managing teams of scientists while conducting field visits or laboratory work.
• Developing planting and irrigation schedules, budgets, and timelines.
· Bachelor’s degree in agronomy, agriculture, or a related field.
· Further education will be desirable.
· A minimum 3 years’ experience is required.
· Additional certifications may be required.
· Ability to work outside, stand, walk, kneel, and stoop for extended periods.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong research, decision making, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
· Awareness of industry trends, technology, and developments.
About the Company
Sochi Foods is a company that is dedicated to creating a workplace where all persons will feel welcome, respected, and valued. We have diversity as a key policy in the Company and promote equal opportunity for all. By this Sochi Foods is able to attract and retain a talented and diverse workforce, and contribute to a more just and equitable society.
We also offer equal pay for equal work providing opportunities for career advancement and professional development to all employees.
This is a Team place, where all work together for common goals and achievements. We welcome and encourage the best skilled persons to join us today.